Over the past 60 years, Foothill and De Anza Colleges have consistently ranked among the top two-year colleges in the United States based on our reputation for outstanding academics, and for the large number of our students who successfully transfer to world-class universities. We are accredited by WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) and have the second largest international student population out of all associate degree institutions in the country with an international enrollment of 3701.
Recent news includes:
- Ranked #1 for the highest number of students transferring to University of California.
- 119 international transfer students were accepted to UC Berkeley and 154 to UCLA in Fall 2011, and 344 to UC Davis in Fall 2012.
- In a 2010 study, Foothill and De Anza Colleges ranked #1 and #2 for transfer success among all community colleges in California.
- Foothill-De Anza’s Chancellor Martha Kanter is currently serving as the Undersecretary of Education in Barack Obama’s administration.
- Bill Gates has recently visited us to study our innovative teaching methods for mathematics so they can be replicated in schools across the country.
- California Professor of the Year Award.
- Foothill recently established an Entrepreneur Center and Business Plan Competition judged by Silicon Valley business leaders from Google, Wells Fargo, and venture capital firms.
- We are completing a half-billion dollar campus renovation and have added many new award-winning buildings.
- We just established the nation’s first VMware Academy.
Top Bachelor’s Degree at Half the Cost:
- Our colleges offer over 100 university transfer majors ranging from business administration, marketing, and engineering to animation and film production, biotechnology, informatics, GIS, nanoscience, and environmental science. While spending two years at Foothill and De Anza, students take advantage of our outstanding transfer support such as academic counselors who specifically serve international students, annual transfer fairs with over 50 universities coming to the campuses, and very active Transfer Centers. All of this helps international students to successfully transfer into their third or junior year at top-ranked universities like UC Berkeley, UCLA, UC San Diego, USC, Stanford, Yale, Cornell, Indiana, NYU, Mt. Holyoke and many others.
- Thanks to our affordable tuition, extensive articulation agreements with over 100 universities, and 15 guaranteed transfer admission agreements to 8 University of California campuses and others, the 2+2 inspirational equation allows students to obtain a Bachelor’s degree from a highly selective university at half the cost.
- Our classes feature small size, individual attention and instruction from nationally-recognized professors, not teaching assistants.
Summer Programs Available
Join us at either Foothill or De Anza for our Summer Intensive English Programs! The Summer Intensive ESL Program is a great opportunity for international students with TOEFL scores between 52-60 or IELTS scores between 5.0-5.9, to start their studies in the summer and transition directly into the fall quarter after the completion of the program. Students gain 10 units of college credit and receive personalized attention. Additionally, the programs offer activities and field trips to fun attractions in the Bay area. For more information, please visit: Foothill College or De Anza College.
Student Housing options
Foothill and De Anza Colleges do not provide dormitories on campus. We work with an organization called International Student Placements, www.isphomestays.com, that will find homestays with families for our international students. These homestays provide partial meals (breakfasts and dinners) and serve as excellent opportunities for students to learn more about the American culture and improve their English skills. If you prefer to live on your own or with another student, you can also contact the ISP Homestays for apartment living and shared housing.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis for Fall (June 30 deadline), Winter (October 31 deadline), or Spring (January 31 deadline) quarters.
- International Student Application Form.
- Meet our English proficiency requirement by taking one of these four tests:
TOEFL – 61 iBT/500 paper
IELTS – 6.0
iTEP – Advanced Level 4
Pearson Academic – 45
STEP EIKEN (Japan only) – 2A
- Bank Letter. Submit an original bank letter from your account or sponsor’s dated within the last 6 months with an official signature on bank letterhead that shows at least $19,750.00 in US dollars, is available in funds.
- Transcripts. Submit original or certified English translations of your secondary and post-secondary transcripts.
- Photograph (passport size)
- $75 Application Fee.
International Student visas issued
Cost of attendance and financial assistance
|Tuition and Enrollment Fees
(based on $175.00 per unit for 12 units minimum per quarter)
|Health Insurance (mandatory)||$1,452.00|
|Estimated Living Expenses||$1,416.00|
|Books and Supplies||$1,500.00|
|Room and Board
(based on homestay for 10 months)
|Total Estimated Cost||$21,752.00|