Established in 1938, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) is one of only 11 polytechnic (“learn-by-doing”) universities in the US. The campus is located in the beautiful suburbs of Los Angeles and is home to more than 25,000 students. The cornerstone of Cal Poly Pomona’s strong academic tradition is the “learn-by-doing” philosophy. The unique approach to learning blends the best of a research university with a liberal arts education to prepare students to be skilled workers, integrative problem solvers and well-balanced leaders. The University is host to more than 55 Bachelor’s and 25 Master’s degree programs. Our small class sizes provide a hands-on approach to learning gets you out of the classroom and into real-world scenarios solving real-world problems. Cal Poly Pomona today…Global Leader tomorrow!
- 2nd top public school in Western US for non-doctorate granting institutions (US News & World Report)
- 5th undergraduate Engineering program in the US (#3 in California) for non-doctorate granting public universities (US News & World report)
- 3rd for Best College to study Architecture in Los Angeles (CEO World)
- Top 10 Graphic Design schools in California (Animation Career Review)
- Money Magazine named Cal Poly Pomona as a “Best College for Business Majors)
- Top 20 Hospitality Management school in the World (CEO World Magazine)
- CPP is also listed among the best in the Princeton Review, with students praising the university’s learn-by-doing approach and the abundance of career opportunities after graduation.
- Because of its low cost tuition, high-quality courses offerings and alumni success, CPP as top 50 of the Best Colleges for your Money by Money Magazine.