Simply put, California has beautiful weather.
Choosing a school that has a climate you are comfortable living in is important. Being the third largest state, California offers a variety of weather environments for you to choose from.
Here are some general climate guidelines to keep in mind while choosing a school:
- Coastal and southern regions of the state have a Mediterranean climate, with slightly rainy winters and dry summers.
- The sea generally creates desirable temperatures statewide, creating warmer winters and cooler summers, especially in coastal regions of the state.
- Northern California has a moderately oceanic climate and generally receives higher annual rainfall amounts than southern portions of the state.
- The further inland you go, the more continental the climate becomes, with some areas turning semi-arid with colder winters and hotter summers.
- California’s valleys tend to have a distinct summer dry season and a cool, foggy rainy season.